Ellison Center Outreach: K-12
The Ellison Center has selected certain resources intended for K-12 educators below.
It also maintains a number of films (VHS/DVD) and online teaching materials that may be of additional interest.
- Czech Literature Portal – Provides information on contemporary Czech literature.
Economics and Energy
- Russia’s Sakhalin Island: When Oil, Nature and Politics Collide – Lesson plan, includes discussion questions.
- Trying to See the Light: Georgia’s Struggle Through Post-Soviet Transition – Lesson plan, includes discussion questions.
- Songs from Kyrgyzstan – Includes some facts about Kyrgyzstan and a small collection of Kyrgyz songs.
- Yurt Building for Everyone – Shows how to construct a small-scale model yurt, appropriately sized for classroom activities.
- The Mongols in World History – Examines the role of the Mongols in global history.
- National Czech and Slovak Museum & Library’s Oral Histories Project – Searchable database of oral histories collected by the project.
- Return of a Superpower: How History Can Help Us Understand the Role of Energy in Russian Foreign Policy Today – Lesson plan, includes discussion questions.