The Ellison Center strongly urges REECAS MA students to make business cards shortly after their arrival at UW. Even if graduation may seem a long way away, it is important to have business cards while at the Jackson School for networking and to present a professional image. Business cards convey legitimacy and will help establish connections with others working in international affairs and other career fields.
As a REECAS MA student, you may make UW business cards. If you do so, please follow the below guidline so as to properly represent yourself and the REECAS program/Jackson School.
Card ordering Process:
- Go to http://dsf.creatcom.washington.edu/DSF/ and log in.
- Click “W Style” until you get to the personalization (design) page.
- For Style, choose “‘University of Washington’ above Department name”
- For Title, write “M.A. Candidate”
- For Department 1, write “Jackson School of International Studies”
- For Campus Box, write 353650. (That’s the Jackson School.)
- For Zip Code, write 98195 (That’s UW)
- Add your phone and the email you check regularly. (UW email recommended. Regardless, make sure that the email you use is professional and sophisticated. Ideally, it should have a clear association with your name.)