Our faculty, staff and students engage with the world outside of academia. Here are some selected links:
- Listen to NPR’s interview with Ellison Center Professor Katy Pearce on the global digital divide, and its implications.Congratulations, Dr. Pearce!
- Our own Professor Radnitz was quoted in the article Central Asia and the Succession Question in the Diplomat:
- Katy Pearce, Assistant Professor with the UW Communications Department and REECAS Affiliate professor was quoted in “Facebook Lite offers similar mobile experience, but at lower cost (+video)“
- REECAS Director Scott Radnitz of the University of Washington was recently quoted by the Agence France-Presse (AFP) in “Uzbek Strongman Karimov Still Calls the Tune.”
- Guntis Šmidchens, Head of Baltic Studies at the University of Washington, was quoted in the Wall Street Journal article “On NYC Stages, a Bounty of Latvian Performers.”
- Professor Devin Naar was featured in Tablet Magazine: Seattle’s Sephardi Jews Brought Us Starbucks: Now They’re Trying To Bring Back Ladino. Full text of the Tablet Magazine article is available here.
- Scott Radnitz on US Withdrawal from Central Asia: Memories of Manas: What Central Asia Taught America about Geopolitics
- Scott Radnitz Mention in Inside Higher Ed: Endangered Species
- Scott Radnitz Featured in Seattle Times Editorial on Ukraine Election – All eyes on May 25 presidential election in Ukraine
- Glennys Young on Russian Containment (op ed): Cold War containment is the wrong way to deal with Russia
- Scott Radnitz on preventing the Ukraine crisis from escalating: How to prevent the crisis in Ukraine from escalating
- Scott Radnitz on why the Ukraine is ‘Unique’ among Post-Soviet satellite states: Why Ukraine Is ‘Unique’ Among Post-Soviet Countries